Very typically these days, now that Archimatix is getting streamlined and addictive, I spent the better part of the afternoon playing with it and came up with this sort of Victorian museum type. I grunged up one with the help of some free substances from Allegorithmic.
The instance on the right is the same parametric model, but with different slider values. I am always amazed at the happy accidents that one encounters when playing with the parameters. Having made the Victorian museum, I would not have thought that this new structure would be of the same genetic code!
Just to let you know Archimatix models cleanup well too!
I have been polishing the Lathe palette. It is convenient to use, because it assumes a circle or arc. This means that you can do with out a Shape palette – anything we can do to cutdown on palette clutter, we will!
I made a profile for a basic column with entasis and added it to the Profiles menu in the editor window. Since I am also working on the SplineIterator palette, I used it to duplicate my new column.
It is interesting to see how such a model begins. I simply wanted to see how my column would look in a structure. I grabbed a Cross from the shapes menu and connected it as the plan spline in the SplineIterator. Then I connected the column. But I couldn’t help myself and connected the same plan to a Plansec with a foundation profile and the connected the plan to an extrude for the floor:
Then, I varied the plan sliders a bit:
At this point, well, it needed a roof! I added a PlanSec with a cornice plus curved roof section:
Varying the plan using a single slider generates these permutations (in realtime!):
Finally, I duplicated the model and fed in different plans. I need to get palette sets collapsing so that I don’t have to duplicate the game object. If the whole model can be collapsed and instanced, then the instances will be easier to swap new plan splines for and interconnect with each other.